Mercedes Launches G-Wagen at Rs.1.1 Crores

Thread Starter #1
Mercedes-Benz will launch its new 2011 model of the G-Wagen (Gelandenwagen) in India today. As the name suggests the G wagen is a off terrain SUV which belongs to the popular G Class of Mercedes Benz stable. This mighty All terrain beast has gathered appreciation of the off roaders across the world.
Although this latest offering from Mercedes Benz wont be priced in the segment of economical off roader SUVs, this is surely going to be an exciting Valentine gift to india by the company.
The G wagon may get a 5L V8 engine which will have a power output of 382HP.

Attachments

AMG

Suspended
re: Mercedes-Benz G Wagen Launched @ Rs. 1.1 Crores

Who exactly is the target buyer?

Thread Starter #3
re: Mercedes-Benz G Wagen Launched @ Rs. 1.1 Crores

The launch of Mercedes Benz G Wagen happened a few moments back. Here a piece of news from IndianCarsBikes.

Mercedes Benz India has just launched the bruiser of all SUVs in the Mercedes stable, the G-Wagen a.k.a the Gelande Wagon, which literally means Cross Country Vehicle in German. Mercedes Benz has priced the brawler at a very steep INR 1.1 Crore ex-showroom Mumbai and despite the steep price tag claim to have 12 confirmed orders for the G-Wagen, which will be shipped to India as a completely built unit(CBU). While the steep pricing means that this SUV will make absolutely no sense for even the most well heeled set of off roaders as damaging a SUV costing INR 1 Crore plus on off road trials will be an absolute no-no even for the swish set.

Contrary to what we mentioned today morning, the G Wagen has a 5.5L Supercharged V8 engine under the hood, which has a power output of whopping 507hp.

Last edited:
Re: Mercedes-Benz G Wagen Launched @ Rs. 1.1 Crores

I really don't understand the target buyers for this out-dated design. It was copied way back by Tata & Tempo for Sumo & Trax resp.

The design looks so outdated and the price too steep!

Even if i had such money in hand i will think twice before buying this one!

AMG

Suspended

Just for the record.

This is Russian Mafia's favourite vehicle.

Mercedes G55 launch in india

Mercedes Benz is set to launch their SUV in India today. This SUV proves to be one of the turning points in the history of Mercedes company, as this vehicle has a very different image than the rest of the vehicles produced by the company. This vehicle gets the alphabet G which means Gelanden wagon, from the most tough and rugged vehicle in the Mercedes stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8

Threads Merged.

If it wasn't for a Merc logo on the spare wheel, it could have easily misjudged to be a Bolero from behind. [:D]

The Sumo had its run, the Bolero too took a few design cues and the trax came the closest to an affordable copy of the original off-road icon. With the launch of the legendary Gwagen, they sure have given people something to grin about. Just take a look at the G in this vid. It's one of my faves :)
YouTube - Differential lock fun. The Amazing G-Class!

i have never driven one so i dont know if its good or bad but i will definitely never buy a car for crore rupess which carry old looks that are seen in sumo and bolero! [angry]

A typical Bolero, Trax & Sumo touch.

I wouldn't mind buying an Trax for 6 Lakhs & get an Merc logo for Rs.200 to make this unrivalling "G" class :)

Poor Implimentation by Mercedes.
Bolero is better than this vehicle.

Instead i would have opted a decent luxury sedan like A8L for this price bracket.

Top Bottom