Mahindra Thar CRDe vs Thar DI 4x4?

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys i am James from Tirunelveli (Tamilnadu).
Already Having a MM540 2wd with me.
Now a days Mahindra Thar Crde is eye catching and having a 4wd and 105bhp power.

So planned to buy a Mahindra Thar Crde.But my friend suggest me a Thar DI 4x4.He says Thar Crde having a maintenance issue on front IFS(Independent front Suspension).He also talk about mileage overall ( city+highway) is 13kmpl.But Thar DI 4x4 gives 16kmpl.

I am totally confused between two.I am not a Heavy off roader.Off roading on very rare times.USe the Jeep like a normal car on decent roads.
But i expect 16kmpl.

Thar Crde or Thar DI 4x4 Suggest me experts.

Also provide some Disadvantages and issues of both two..! i am waiting guys.

Re: Jeepers Please Help me.

Dear James,

I am not a jeeper, neither I have any of those Thars. Still I can vouch for the CRDe.

I'm sure you are going for Thar for your carefree adventurous self, so go & get the CRDe blindfolded. Although lots of suggestions & opinions are going to come in your way but I will remain hopeful.

Good wishes in advance & Regards .....

ROY

Last edited:
Now a days Mahindra Thar Crde is eye catching and having a 4wd and 105bhp power.

So planned to buy a Mahindra Thar Crde.But my friend suggest me a Thar DI 4x4.He says Thar Crde having a maintenance issue on front IFS(Independent front Suspension).He also talk about mileage overall ( city+highway) is 13kmpl.But Thar DI 4x4 gives 16kmpl.

I am totally confused between two.I am not a Heavy off roader.Off roading on very rare times.USe the Jeep like a normal car on decent roads.
But i expect 16kmpl.

1. If you want a car for normal use on decent roads, then it's no point choosing a Thar.
2. Thar CRDe does face a problem with IFS in cases of extreme off roading.
3. Basically Thar CRDe is aimed at urban population while the Thar Di is for the rural population. Also to comply to BS4 regulations only CRDe is offered in Metros.
4. Mileage:- it's obvious that one wouldn't use a 4*4 mode in city or normal highway roads, so expect a 17kmpl (crde engine gives a maximum of 21 if driven at 60kmph).

CRDe Versus Di.

CRDe:- a very powerful refined silent engine with less issues. Service can be done only at authorized Mahindra workshops.

Di:- Old technology and crude compared to CRDe, but easy on repair as any road side mechanic can work on it in case of repairs. Also a way lot cheaper on cost at purchase.

So if you are a Jeep lover fallen for the looks of the Thar, then you can consider a Thar Di if in rural area and save money, else have to settle on Thar CRDe if use is primarily in urban areas.

Thread Starter #4
1. If you want a car for normal use on decent roads, then it's no point choosing a Thar.
2. Thar CRDe does face a problem with IFS in cases of extreme off roading.
3. Basically Thar CRDe is aimed at urban population while the Thar Di is for the rural population. Also to comply to BS4 regulations only CRDe is offered in Metros.
4. Mileage:- it's obvious that one wouldn't use a 4*4 mode in city or normal highway roads, so expect a 17kmpl (crde engine gives a maximum of 21 if driven at 60kmph).

CRDe Versus Di.

CRDe:- a very powerful refined silent engine with less issues. Service can be done only at authorized Mahindra workshops.

Di:- Old technology and crude compared to CRDe, but easy on repair as any road side mechanic can work on it in case of repairs. Also a way lot cheaper on cost at purchase.

So if you are a Jeep lover fallen for the looks of the Thar, then you can consider a Thar Di if in rural area and save money, else have to settle on Thar CRDe if use is primarily in urban areas.
Shocking Bro...Thar crde gives 17kmpl @60kmph ? I hear Crde gives 12 kmpl at the same time DI gives 15kmpl ?

But i expect 16kmpl.

I would recommend you the CRDE, as you already have MM540, which the Thar DI is based on, also the new CRDE has more creature comforts, and better looking interiors.

all the best

vinod

Thread Starter #6
Fuel efficiency of Mahindra Thar CRDE and Thar DI 4x4.When 4x4 Engaged or not ?

Fuel efficiency of Mahindra Thar CRDE and Thar DI 4x4.When 4x4 Engaged or not ?

Speed <100kmph

Thar Di 4x4 is best for off roaders as well as for urban.
Because if you want, you can modify its look alike removing its canopy and down its wind shield etc.

For those who want luxury, in that case I am sorry to say that to stay in your room with switching on the AC, and no need to search for SUV.

Conclusion:- SUV are made for real adventure and should be ragged, Similarly, if you like adventure, you should also be strong and abundant.

Thanks

Top Bottom