2010 Mahindra Great Escape Flags off in Mumbai

Nopes, i am not going in my 2WD scorpio, even though i think its allowed.

one day, if i own a 4x4 classic or MM550, i will participate in that!

Thread Starter #4
how much is usually participation fees for these events?
2500 INR.
You have to take a DD in name of M&M.
And vehicle can be a rented or a friends but the driver should have a Valid Indian Driving license with proper documents.

Thread Starter #6
There is no winner, They want show how strong the vehicle is under such condition.
And you get tips about ,how to drive esp off roading techniques.
And lots of tips about driving.
With stay in Club Mahindra resort for a day.

tata vehicles need to run reliably on-road first, then we can think about taking them off-road. no offence meant to tata lovers.
Well said raj! Only reliable and tough vehicles can be used for such extreme actions!

PS: I am a hard core SAFARI fan [thumbsup]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Off-Road freaks, Here you go. Check out the details of Mahindra Great Escape in Mumbai.

TAI_Mahindra Great Escape.jpg

Drive safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Official Pictures and Press Release of 2010 Mahindra Great Escape.

59th Mahindra Great Escape concludes successfully in Panvel, near Mumbai

July 25, 2010, Mumbai: The 59th edition of the Mahindra Great Escape, one of India’s most loved off-roading adventures, concluded successfully in Panvel, near Mumbai with over 70 vehicles from the Mahindra stable manoeuvring the challenging route. Mahindra customers from Mumbai and neighbouring areas participated in the rally. The Panvel event received an overwhelming response from offroading enthusiasts.

The rally was flagged off by Mr. Rajan Wadhera, Chief Executive, Technology Product Development & Sourcing, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd at 10:00 am from Panoramic Resort on the Mumbai-Goa Road, near Karnala Bird Sanctuary in Panvel district. Iconic Mahindra SUVs including the Scorpio, Bolero, Getaway, Legend, Major and Classic negotiated an arduous, undulating route of over 60 km to reach the finish point.

“We are delighted to have chosen Panvel, near Mumbai, as the venue for the 59th edition of the Mahindra Great Escape. The scenic yet challenging route was an off roader’s delight and gave Mahindra customers an idea of the tough and enduring nature of Mahindra vehicles. The adrenaline rush was palpable and the atmosphere was absolutely charged up. Infact, for the first time there were live tweets by participants on the Mahindra Great Escape, thereby adding up to the overall excitement. We plan to return with another fun-filled edition of the Great Escape, shortly,” said Mr. Vivek Nayer, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
This edition of the Mahindra Great Escape was conducted in association with JK Tyres, Bosch and Servo Lubricants. The Mahindra Great Escape route was chalked out by the Mahindra team, while the ‘With You Hamesha’ service team ensured that participants could enjoy the rally unhindered.

Mahindra Great Escape – a customer-centric initiative from Mahindra

Initiated in 1996, the Mahindra Great Escape is a non-competitive, off-road rally to encourage Mahindra customers to test the strength of their vehicles on terrain other than tarmac. Mahindra vehicles are tough and rugged and are known for their reliable nature. The Great Escape serves as a platform to highlight this incredible ability and experience the thrills of 4x4 adventures. Through the years, the Great Escape has acquired a reputation as one of India’s premier off-roading events with each edition seeing eager participation from die-hard Mahindra fans and customers alike. From the hills of Coorg and the tea estates of Munnar to the undulating sand dunes of Mandawa in Rajasthan, the Great Escape has blazed a unique trail across the length and breadth of India. The Mahindra Great Escape was recently held in Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Munnar in Kerala, Coorg in Karnataka, Goa and also at Shahpur near Mumbai.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image013.jpg

image014.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
The footstep of Scorpio Turbo 2.6 Crde(2 WD) has bent.
I would never like to participate if the vehicles condition will go through such states.

Maybe drifting!:lol!:

But cool pictures , BTW i love to see SUV'S with dirt and muck all over the body! Kinda gives an impression that only they are capable of doing that!

Top Bottom