Lexus LX470 (Land Cruiser) Off Roading in Lonavala

Thread Starter #1
Lexus%20LX%20470%20Picture%20-%20Small.jpg

My family owns a Lexus LX 470 (The Lexus variant of the Toyota Land Cruiser (J100)), it is mainly used by my elder brother and he goes off-roading regularly. I was always fascinated by 3D Videography, so I thought of shooting our vehicle in my HTC EVO 3D, and we did shoot some footage in the last few days, and will bring much better content very soon, I have uploaded two amateurish videos and one nice video on YouTube (created new channel called OffRoadingIndia) and I want some feedback specially on the Rally type of video and the long Off roading video that I have created and also I will appreciate some more ideas about what kind of off-roading videos would you like too see of our mighty beast!

You can turn off 3D by choosing "Turn Off 3D" from the 3D menu on the bottom right side of the YouTube player below.

The 1st Amateur Video I ever shot:-
Lexus LX 470 Amateur Off Roading in 3D HD (2D version available from 3D Menu) - YouTube

The Rally type of video I shot next:-
Lexus LX 470 (Toyota Land Cruiser) Rally-style Off Roading in 3D HD (and optional 2D) - YouTube

The proper off-roading video I shot on "27th December 2012":-
Lexus LX 470 (Toyota Land Cruiser) Off-Roading Footage shot on 27th December 2012 near Lonavla India - YouTube

(From now onward I am going to use the date of the offroading to refer to future videos as the places don't have a proper name!)

There is more 2D footage for the 27th December 2012 off-roading and I'll be uploading that soon!:-)

@paawan : nice videos. Are you the one driving or shooting? Who is the person hanging from the roof rails in the first video. I'd say it's stupidity to say the least as he is inviting an accident with open arms.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #5
@freakdude: I am the one shooting these videos and it's my brother who is driving, my cousin is hanging from the roof rails, we all do it often and understand the risks, thanks for pointing it out again, we'll try to curb this dangerous habit of ours!
But we do play pretty safe otherwise, like in the 2nd video, we made someone stand at the other end of the road to stop oncoming traffic as we wanted to shoot it in high-speed rally style!

@freakdude: I am the one shooting these videos and it's my brother who is driving, my cousin is hanging from the roof rails, we all do it often and understand the risks, thanks for pointing it out again, we'll try to curb this dangerous habit of ours!
But we do play pretty safe otherwise, like in the 2nd video, we made someone stand at the other end of the road to stop oncoming traffic as we wanted to shoot it in high-speed rally style!
I am pleased to know that you have taken my comments maturely and understand the risks involved. We are a community at TAI and support and promote safer driving habits. Be a part of the game. Rest said, your ride is in immaculate condition, care to share details about it and if you don't mind a few interior snaps please.

freakdude.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Lexus LX 470 - The Full HD 2D Making of the 27th December 2012 Off-Roading 3D Video - YouTube

This can be considered as the making video of my previous video:- Lexus LX 470 (Toyota Land Cruiser) Off-Roading Footage shot on 27th December 2012 near Lonavla India - YouTube
It is shot in Full HD 2D using two cellphone cameras and instead of mixing the footage of both of them for various scenes, I have just arranged them alternately for every scene, so every scene will be seen twice but from different angles!
And our back-up vehicle, the Pajero SFX, is also visible in the background, which might get involved in some off-roading videos soon!

Thread Starter #10
We recently ordered a new 3D Camcorder which will be delivered by tomorrow and then many many more videos and 3D and 2D photos will follow, and I will try to be a little more professional this time and will try to create really nice content which will be liked by one and all!:)

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and likes here but people you should also do the same on YouTube and like our videos there and also hit subscribe!:)

Until I upload more content soon, most probably this week itself, here's one more still:

Lexus%20LX%20470%20-%20Fog.jpg

@freakdude
Yes sure I'll involve the interior too in the content that I'll be shooting and posting pretty soon!!! :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice thread Paavan and good videos, look forward to see more of your escapades. Be safe and Enjoy the offroading experiences.

Top Bottom